At Durango Laser Dentistry, we understand there are moments when you or a loved one cannot wait too long for dental care. If this is this the case, we invite you to contact us right away at 970-247-2677 for emergency dental care in Durango, Colorado. Our team will schedule you to meet with Dr. Mason Miner as soon as we are able so you can find the relief you deserve.
What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Patients seek emergency dental care if they have:
- A cracked or fractured tooth
- Swollen gums, nausea and tooth pain
- Bleeding gums or mouth
- Loose teeth
- A chipped or broken tooth
- Tooth loss from trauma
- A missing restoration, such as a filling or crown
- A partially or fully knocked-out tooth
- Damage to the soft tissues
If you have a broken jaw or another serious injury, please visit the emergency room or your medical physician before seeking dental treatment.
Instructions To Follow Before Your Visit
There are a few things you can do before you meet with Dr. Mason Miner, depending on your injury.
Chipped or Fractured Teeth
If you feel pain from a chipped or fractured tooth, you can:
- Gently rinse any broken parts of the tooth in lukewarm water and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Apply gauze to the bleeding area for 10 minutes or until it stops.
- Keep an ice pack over your cheek to ease swelling and pain.
- Use a topical pain reliever.
Dislodged or Loosened Teeth
If you have a dislodged or loose tooth, please contact us right away. While you wait, you can:
- Use an ice pack to minimize swelling.
- Take a mild pain reliever.
Please contact us immediately if your tooth has been completely knocked from the socket so we can make arrangements for you to come in. Time is a critical factor for us to know if we can replace the tooth or not. Once you have made arrangements, be sure to:
- Carefully rinse your mouth to remove any blood.
- Apply an ice pack over the cheek.
- Pick up the tooth by the chewing surface. Do not touch the root.
- Gently rinse the tooth with water, nothing else.
- If possible, try placing the tooth back in the socket and gently bite down to hold it in place. If you cannot do this, you can place the tooth in saline solution, your own salvia, water or a tooth preservation kit.
Lost Filing or Crown
While you wait to see Dr. Mason Miner for a lost filling or crown, you can:
- Clean the crown.
- Smear the top of the tooth with cement to ease pain.
- Apply a small amount of clove oil to the tooth for relief.
Oftentimes, a toothache can be the result of food debris caught between the teeth. This can be removed by flossing or rinsing the mouth. If this does not work, please call us for an appointment.
Contact Us Today for Emergency Dental Care in Durango, Colorado
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call us right away at 970-247-2677 to see our dentist and team for emergency dental care in Durango, Colorado.