Our skilled dentist may use cone beam imaging to examine your teeth and supporting structures. This advanced 3D imaging technology shows your mouth in great detail, giving us a better understanding of your oral health needs so that we can provide you with the individualized care you need.
What Is Cone Beam Imaging?
Cone beam imaging, also known as CT scanning, is a type of 3D imaging used by our dentist to view highly detailed reconstructions of your teeth, mouth, jaw, neck, ears, nose and throat. It is commonly used to:
- Plan dental implant placement
- Evaluate the jaws and face
- View the head and neck comprehensively
- Diagnose tooth decay and other dental problems
- Diagnose endodontic problems and plan root canal treatment
- Analyze dental and facial trauma
- Plan and evaluate the progress of orthodontic treatment
- Diagnose TMJ disorders
- Visualize abnormal teeth
Benefits of Cone Beam Imaging
Cone beam scanning is highly effective in diagnosing and evaluating a wide range of dental conditions and in planning more effective treatments. It provides a much more comprehensive and detailed three-dimensional image of your teeth and supporting oral structures than standard X-rays, making it a key part of your treatment planning.
Schedule Your Personal Consultation
We welcome you to call Durango Laser Dentistry today at 970-247-2677 to find out more about 3D cone beam imaging in Durango, Colorado, and schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Mason Miner.